Practice ICAO English Test
In order to help candidates know how to prepare we offer mock tests for specific ICAO English tests.
Date: Arranged as per requirements
Classroom based: $800 HKD (1 hour) $1200 HKD (2 hours) per person
Online: $100 USD (1 hour)
Suitability: The class is effective in preparing candidates for all types of ICAO English test, eg CX/KA, HKA/HKE, Eurocontrol ELPAC, RMIT RELTA, Versant VAET, TEA, ANAC, Latitude CLEAR, ASPEQ, MAS, PEPEC.
Aviation English Asia Ltd's ICAO Test Practice sessions will reveal limitations in your language proficiency and provide constructive advice on how to remedy those language difficulties in the fastest time available.
- Become familiar with the format of an ICAO Language Proficiency Assessment
- Practice the exact tasks you will need to perform in an ICAO Language Proficiency Assessment
- Gain confidence using standard phraseology in ATC communication eg radiotelephony role play
- Improve your listening comprehension of non-routine situations
- Practice note-taking of extended pieces of audio and identify non-routine situations
- Become familiar with airline procedures including Crew Resource Management, eg briefing cabin crew
- Use appropriate vocabulary and structures to describe pictures and non-routine situations
- Learn to speak at length about aviation topics and discussion questions
- Reveal limitations in your performance, with reference to the six ICAO Language Proficiency criteria eg Pronunciation, Vocabulary, Structure, Comprehension, Fluency and Interactions.
- Receive expert advice on further training, eg essential if your performance is marginal ICAO level 3/4
- Aviation English Asia Ltd teachers can recognise and identify when a candidates proficiency varies from their test results* and can advise accordingly.
- AEA courses are designed so that learners become self-aware of their limitations and consequently motivated to improve.
- Understand the limitations of ICAO test types
- Learn what ICAO raters expect, their traps and how to avoid them.
- Oral Proficiency Interview
- Listening comprehension of ATIS / VOLMET
- Listening comprehension of short pilot/controller transmissions
- Listening comprehension of extended pilot/controller dialogue
- Crew briefing
- Radiotelephony roleplay
- Picture description
- Discussion questions
Expert feedback and recommendations
At the end of the class you will receive feedback including the variation in your performance, benchmarked against the ICAO Language Proficiency Requirements / AEROSTA Framework Enhanced Proficiency Standards*. You will receive expert guidance on your current level and difficulties and a recommendation for the duration of course you should enrol in, eg 10, 30, 50, 60 or 100 hours. If you then decide to enrol in one of our longer courses to meet the target level you can just pay the difference in course fee. After completing the recommended number of training hours you will be well prepared for the ICAO test.
* Instead of an ambiguous rating of 4/5/6 for each of the ICAO language criteria the AEROSTA Framework Enhanced Proficiency Standards can specifically identify the ease with which a pilot can perform a communicative function. The AEROSTA Framework fleshes out the skeleton of the ICAO Language Proficiency Requirements suggested in ICAO Document 9835.
Unique features of Aviation English Asia Ltd
- Appropriate professional training that facilitates practice of standard phraseology in routine situations
- Unique emphasis on practice of communicative functions so pilots can effectively manage routine and non-routine situations
- Course designed by highly qualified language experts in collaboration with aviation Subject Matter Experts
- Course conforms to the AEROSTA Framework developed by the Aviation English Organisation
- 10 years of experience advising airlines - Aviation English Asia Ltd regularly advises raters on a candidate's suitability for retesting
- Ethical company - none of our teachers are involved in rating our own students
To enrol in this class call us on +852 8179 9295.