Do you intend to get a Private Pilot Licence (PPL) or take PPL theory exams overseas?
Develop your English language skills with AEA in Hong Kong
Who is this course suitable for?
- This course is suitable for complete beginners (the latin word "ab initio" means from the beginning).
- This course is suitable for student pilots who are about to start a PPL flight training course conducted in English and need to improve their English proficiency.
- The course is also suitable for learners who want to improve their English before starting a PPL theory course.
- This core is suitable for learners who want to prepare for a Flight Grading or an ICAO English test for Cadet Entry Pilots.
You will also improve your understanding of technical vocabulary and aviation theory so that you will learn faster on the PPL theory course. If you are thinking about taking a PPL theory course and are not sure if you can understand the English vocabulary in the text books, English for PPL Ground School is the best possible preparation.
Improve your English before you start flight training
The aim of this course is to give trainee pilots the opportunity to practice the English skills needed in aviation. You will practice speaking and listening in an authentic aviation context, just as you would if you were in the cockpit.
After the course you will be able to use and understand common aviation terms in:
- Communication with air traffic control
- Basic radio-telephony
- Pilot and instructor interactions
- Airport and aircraft features
- Traffic patterns
- Basic principles of flight
- Aircraft checks and checklists
- Aviation weather forecasts
- VFR navigation
- Operations in controlled airspace
Please note that this course is designed to give you language skills for flight training and additional AEA courses may be necessary to reach ICAO level 4 or above.
12 units (officially 12 hours) in a convenient weekend workshop format (12 hours total - 4 x 3-hour sessions).
All students must be above the age of 17 years and have basic English proficiency.
One payment of $3000 HKD for 12 hours of small group class tuition. All course fees are payable in advance.
Course fee includes a FREE series of Private Pilot License Manuals.
Who are the teachers on the English for PPL Ground School course?
Aviation English Asia are committed to developing Excellence in Aviation language teaching. We select our teachers very carefully and ensure that they have sufficient technical expertise to teach this course. All teachers are:
- QUALIFIED pilots and air traffic controllers, most from major Hong Kong-based airlines (Cathay Pacific Airways)
- Native English Speakers (ICAO Level 6) from the UK and Australia.
- With years of classroom based teaching experience
- Experienced in teaching English for Aviation
- Interested in your progress and career development
- Supported by experienced ESL teachers and linguistic experts.
To find out more information about the English for PPL Ground School course please complete the Course Enquiry form >>>
You can also read our FAQ which contains lots of details about the English for PPL Ground School course and comparisons to our other ICAO English courses.