English for Flight Attendant Careers
Do you want to improve your English before applying for a job as a Flight Attendant?
Strong English communication skills are essential for flight attendants as they frequently have contact with the public. If you want to start a career as a flight attendant you will find that recruitment departments require that you have:
- Strong English communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity when dealing with people
- Experience in handling difficult situations
- Confidence when speaking with other English speakers.
You can develop each of these skills on the English for Flight Attendant Careers course. Particular emphasis is given to improving core language skills.
Listening comprehension, vocabulary, pronunciation, grammar, fluency, confidence
Improve your English and increase your chances of becoming a flight attendant
English for Flight Attendant Careers (EFAC) gives you the RELEVANT English language skills you need to become an effective flight attendant.
EFAC combines units from the following courses:
- General English
- Social & Intercultural Communication
- English for In-flight Customer Service
- English for In-flight Safety
- English for Airline Interviews
- IELTS / TOEIC / TOEFL preparation
Benefits of the English for Flight Attendant Careers Course:
- When you attend an airline interview you will be able to confidently answer questions in English.
- You will be able to deal with routine and non-routine situations that could occur during flight.
- You will have greater awareness of differences between cultures.
- You will have more sensitivity when dealing with customers
- You will be able to manage difficult situations in English.
But won't the airline teach me everything I need to know during my initial training (if I'm successful)?
No. The airline will not teach you how to speak English. The airline will expect you to have a basic level of English when you join the airline, and then improve your language skills in your own time. Even airlines with large language training departments offer minimal ongoing language training for their flight attendants. Passengers and flight crew all over the world recognise that flight attendants need a high level of language proficiency.
Don't wait for the airline to teach you English or you could lose the job to someone who already has better English. If you are serious about a career as a flight attendant the best way to improve your proficiency in English is with Aviation English Asia's integrated English for Flight Attendant Careers course.
AEA courses are recommended by successful candidates AND recruiters
Aviation English Asia teachers are aviation professionals and they understand the language difficulties that new-hire flight attendants may have. English has a major role in flight safety so many world class airlines have approached Aviation English Asia to help them hire candidates with strong English communication skills. A core belief adopted by students and teachers is that:
English proficiency is needed EVERY DAY of your life - not just in a job interview!
English for Flight Attendant Careers gives you real language skills that will be useful throughout your career - not just an interview. English for Flight Attendant Careers includes all the language skills of a mainstream General English course, but is much more focused on topics that are relevant to an airline career.
Focus on the English language skills you most need
for a CAREER as a Flight Attendant
Essential English for flight attendants:
- Practice talking about yourself, daily routine, hobbies and interests
- Group discussion activities!
- Learn to describe different tourist destinations
- Practice dealing with problems and difficulties that passengers may have during flight
- Expand your vocabulary to describe different kinds of food and drink,
- Improve your ability to present, describe and sell products
- Develop essential customer service skills, diplomatic language and and the ability to deal with unruly passengers
- Practice vocabulary for describing health problems, medicine and first aid
- Give advice to passengers about destinations around the world
Flexible course structure
English for Flight Attendant Careers course is composed of 10 stages. Each stage contains 10 x 60 minute units (100 units in total). Depending on your level, budget and time available you can attend as many as you need without having to commit to long contract You also have the option to take additional workshops which deal with specific skills and topics.
Excellent value - very reasonable and affordable. We will never offer the cheapest English courses in Hong Kong but we do offer the best VALUE English courses.
Excellence in English teaching - Asia wide
Aviation English Asia give you:
- A 100% English speaking environment
- Progress that is monitored and assessed after each stage
- Fantastic ongoing support
- THE BEST English language teachers and airline Subject Matter Experts in Hong Kong
- A course designed by Michael Egerton / Stephen Maule
- Opportunity to get certification to show your proficiency on completion of the course (optional depending on further study)
Learn English with professional Native English Teachers and experienced Flight Attendants
We guarantee that this is the best course of its type in Asia. Our English teachers are
- Trinity Cert TESOL / CELTA qualified (many have MA Applied Linguistics / DELTA)
- Native English Teachers
- With at least 3 years classroom based experience
- Interested in learner progress and career development
- Assisted by experienced airline staff and Subject Matter Experts.
What to do next
Arrange a free telephone consultation to discuss your English training needs:
Call for a free consultation on +852 8179 9295