Job Title: Subject Matter Expert - Air Traffic Control (Hong Kong) P/T
Job Ref:SMEATCOHK P/T
NOTE: This is a vacancy for adhoc project work within the region.
Job Description: We are looking for an experienced Air Traffic Control Officer, with at least 5 years experience and ideally some experience in language training and assessment. This is a vacancy for adhoc project work to review, regionalise and deliver training based on our existing curriculum for Air Traffic Control Officers.
You must be loyal, knowledgeable, reliable and dedicated to helping young people fulfil their career ambitions.
Aviation English Asia Ltd is strongly committed to growth offering rewarding teaching opportunities with airline and airport clients in Asia. Our team members enjoy first-rate working conditions in a modern, comfortable environment. The right candidates will commit to a long-term training programme designed by Aviation English Asia, and accredited by the Aviation English Organisation.
Review and regionalise a Package of Instruction (POI) based on the criteria stipulated in ICAO Doc 9432 and ICAO Doc 9444 for use within Asia.
Supplement lesson plans with activities that fulfil the course objectives and fit into the AEROSTA Framework.
- Deliver high quality online and on-site classes which conform to the AEA Learning method.
- Participate in the development of books, courseware and materials
- Provide appropriate recommendations to students regarding ongoing training.
- Manage learner behaviour in a fair, respectful manner, following the guidelines set in the teacher handbook.
- Participate in occasional aviation-related extracurricular activities.
- Organise classroom, realia and teaching materials in a welcoming manner that is conducive to learning, comfort and group interaction.
- Strengthen job skills through professional development and participate in professional learning community with other AEA teachers and members of the Aviation English Organisation.
- Maintain good relationship with AEA students.
- Administrative follow-up for student’s performance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- a permanent resident of Hong Kong SAR (must hold a Hong Kong permanent ID, or be able to obtain permission from current employer to perform sideline teaching duties)
- a minimum requirement of five years Air Traffic Control experience
- native English speaker, Radiotelephony Operators Licence, ICAO Level 6
- ideally an externally assessed English language teaching qualification, eg CELTA, Trinity Cert TESOL or higher
- Computer literate, able to use photoshop, audacity, word, powerpoint etc
* Candidates without Air Traffic Control experience and the right to work in Hong Kong will not be considered.
- Attractive remuneration package
- Flexible schedule
- Career progression opportunities within the organisation
All information received will be kept in strict confidence and for employment-related purposes only.
If you are not contacted within six weeks of submitting your resume, your application will be filed for 6 months and be considered for other appropriate positions within this period. The personal data submitted will be treated in strict confidence and will be used for employment purposes only.