Job Title: Native English Language Teacher (Hong Kong) P/T
Job Ref: NETHK P/T
Job Description: We are looking for a loyal, committed and customer service focused English language teacher - passionate about airlines and dedicated to helping people provide better service.
Aviation English Asia offers rewarding teaching opportunities with airline and airport clients in Asia.
Aviation English Asia Ltd is strongly committed to growth within the region. Our team members enjoy first-rate working conditions in a modern, comfortable environment. The right candidate will commit to a long-term training programme designed by Aviation English Asia. With further training there is an opportunity to become a licensed Aviation English Teacher, accredited by the Aviation English Organisation.
We provide structured lesson plans and learning objectives to help you deliver fun, interactive, and meaningful lessons. Of course, some preparation is involved - that is part of being a teacher. Our classes involve controlled practice, communicative activities, and feedback.
- Deliver high quality classes which conform to the AEA Learning method.
Review and implement lesson plans that fulfil the course objectives and fit into the AEROSTA Framework.
Provide appropriate recommendations to students regarding Supplementary Classes.
Manage learner behaviour in a fair, respectful manner, following the guidelines set in the teacher handbook.
Participate in occasional aviation-related extracurricular activities.
Organise classroom, realia and teaching materials in a welcoming manner that is conducive to learning, comfort and group interaction.
Strengthen job skills through professional development and participate in professional learning community with other AEA teachers and members of the Aviation English Organisation.
Maintain good relationship with AEA students.
Administrative follow-up for student’s performance.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- permanent resident of Hong Kong SAR (must hold a Hong Kong permanent ID, or be able to obtain permission from current employer to perform sideline teaching duties)
- externally assessed English language teaching qualification, eg CELTA, Trinity Cert TESOL or higher
- Bachelor's Degree
- Native English Speaker
- Must be a team player, and committed to the AEA learning method
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated, good organisational and problem-solving skills
- Computer literate, able to use photoshop, audacity, word, powerpoint etc
- Fluent in English, other languages are an advantage.
- Be dynamic and have the ability to inspire
- Be well informed and sensitive to cultural issues
- Commit to on–going professional development
- Competitive remuneration package
- Flexible schedule
- Modern, comfortable and attractive working environment
- Career progression opportunities within the organisation
- Travel opportunities
All information received will be kept in strict confidence and for employment-related purposes only.
If you are not contacted within six weeks of submitting your resume, your application will be filed for 6 months and be considered for other appropriate positions within this period. The personal data submitted will be treated in strict confidence and will be used for employment purposes only.