Proficiency in English is an essential skill for airport service providers. This course will help you communicate clearly and concisely in English with air travellers, colleagues and crew members. The course is built on the AEROSTA Framework and applies the language training techniques of our courses for pilots and ATCOs to courses for airport service providers.
Benefits for Essential English for Airport Service Providers & Agents
- Improve your ability to communicate clearly and effectively with passengers, colleagues and crew members.
- Become more confident in dealing with unusual and unexpected events.
- Improve your comprehension of a wide range of accents.
- Improve your cultural awareness and ability to interpret gestures, mannerisms and body language.
- Improve your ability to write accurate and concise reports
- Course complements airport internal training.
The course is 30 hours in total, comprised of 3 modules.
- Air travellers
- World destinations
- Problems at the airport
- Politeness, formality and register
- Company image
- Being tactful
- Unruly / suspicious passengers
- Dangerous Goods
- Giving directions
- Handling complaints
- Air rage
- Flight information
CLASS SIZE: 8-30 learners
COURSE TIME: Monday evening 1900-2100
COURSE LOCATION: Classes are held at Hong Kong International Aviation Academy.
COURSE FEE: $5000 HKD for 3 modules. This course is MATF reimburseable for learners who are both (1) Hong Kong residents (2) employed by an airline or aviation company.
OPTIONAL EXTRA PRACTICE
For staff that require additional English language practice, they should consider attending optional weekend Supplementary Classes. We typically offer workshops for non-technical airline staff such as Customer Service Officers, Cabin Crew and Airport Security Officers on alternating Saturday and Sunday mornings 10-12pm. A two hour Supplementary Class costs $300HKD per person if more than 8 people attend, or $500HKD if less than 8 people attend.
TEACHING STAFF All teaching staff are certified by the Aviation English Organisation. All teachers have aviation and language teaching experience.