- Category: Careers
- Published: Monday, 12 June 2017 16:48
Job Title: Aviation English Language Teacher/Subject Matter Expert (Hong Kong) P/T
Job Ref:AETSMEHK P/T
Job Description: We are looking for a loyal, knowledgeable, safety conscious and reliable language teacher - passionate about the aviation industry and dedicated to helping people fulfil their career ambitions.
Aviation English Asia Ltd is strongly committed to growth offering rewarding teaching opportunities with airline and airport clients in Asia. Our team members enjoy first-rate working conditions in a modern, comfortable environment. The right candidates will commit to a long-term training programme designed by Aviation English Asia, and accredited by the Aviation English Organisation.
- Deliver high quality classes which conform to the AEA Learning method.
Review and implement lesson plans that fulfil the course objectives and fit into the AEROSTA Framework.
Provide appropriate recommendations to students regarding Supplementary Classes.
Manage learner behaviour in a fair, respectful manner, following the guidelines set in the teacher handbook.
Participate in occasional aviation-related extracurricular activities.
Organise classroom, realia and teaching materials in a welcoming manner that is conducive to learning, comfort and group interaction.
Participate in the selection of books, equipment, and materials
Strengthen job skills through professional development and participate in professional learning community with other AEA teachers and members of the Aviation English Organisation.
Maintain good relationship with AEA students.
Administrative follow-up for student’s performance.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- a permanent resident of Hong Kong SAR (must hold a Hong Kong permanent ID, or be able to obtain permission from current employer to perform sideline teaching duties)
- an externally assessed English language teaching qualification, eg CELTA, Trinity Cert TESOL or higher
- a minimum requirement of a Private Pilot Licence (CPL/ATPL is an advantage) / Air Traffic Control experience
- native English speaker, Radiotelephony Operators Licence, ICAO Level 6
- Must be a team player, and committed to the AEA learning method
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated, good organisational and problem-solving skills
- Computer literate, able to use photoshop, audacity, word, powerpoint etc
- Fluent in English, other languages are an advantage.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Flexible schedule
- Modern, comfortable and attractive working environment
- Career progression opportunities within the organisation
- Travel opportunities
All information received will be kept in strict confidence and for employment-related purposes only.
If you are not contacted within six weeks of submitting your resume, your application will be filed for 6 months and be considered for other appropriate positions within this period. The personal data submitted will be treated in strict confidence and will be used for employment purposes only.